For everyone who wishes to produce picture packages, such as documentaries, online/TV commercials, features, news reports, YouTube content, personal messages, etc.;
For producers, media practitioners, bloggers, music artistes, poets & spoken word artists, DJs, Comedians, churches, advertising agents, etc.
(Two Tracks: Choose one):
A. Weekend Track:
Fri & Sat. Classes
(10am-4pm each day)
Date: 25th October- 26th November 2022.
Duration: 5 weeks plus Optional internship for up to 6 months
Accommodation is available on request.
B. Online Track
(Accommodation Available on Campus on Request)
Post-graduation internship available
What Will You Learn?
- Module 1
- What do you want to photograph?
- An overview of photography in the modern era. Get familiar with your camera, and how it works, and get started with improving your photography straight away!
- Camera Features and Functions
- Making sense of camera terminology and modes on cameras. Getting familiar with what cameras can do and what all the different buttons do.
- Lenses - Your view of the world through your camera
- Exploring different lens types, understanding focal length, and getting the most out of your current setup.
- Composition - Start seeing as a photographer
- Improving photos instantly by understanding basic composition and ideas on what to look out for!
- Shutter speeds
- What shutter speeds are and how to use them creatively to capture motion. An important step to full control.
- What apertures are and how to use them effectively to create depth and the next step to full control.
- How ISO works and the important role it plays in our lower-light and high-speed photography. Improve your focusing ability in the lesson too.
- White Balance
- Why do our cameras sometimes get colours wrong, or how can you really bring out the colours in that sunset? Find out with White Balance in this lesson.
- Good Exposure and the Light meter
- What is exposure and how the camera measures light? No more photos that are too dark or too bright! Make sure you get it perfect every time.
- Fully manual mode - Take complete control
- Putting it all together to take full creative and technical control. Getting to a fully manual is only the beginning, it will unlock your potential as a photographer.
- Module 2
- Capturing better portraits
- Learn how to capture better photographs of people of all ages, individually or as a group. Communication is key here and an important skill you will need to develop as a photographer. No matter your camera type a great portrait is just a click away.
- Shooting landscapes, harder than it looks!
- The importance of colour
- Seeing in Black and White
- Photography in Low Light and at Night
- Macro Photography - get closer!
- Food Photography - Photos good enough to eat!
- Photographing wildlife
- Module 3
- Histograms - Measuring tones and exposure
- Metering modes - change how you see light
- Lens Filters - a guide
- HDR photography
- Flash Photography Part 1
- Flash photography part 2
- Studio lighting part 1
- Studio lighting part 2
- Module 4
- Basic editing - taking your photography further
- Adjustment tools - target perfection
- Editing for landscapes
- Editing for portraits
- Colour and Black and white editing
- HDR and Panoramic creation
- Lowlight Photography Editing
- Creating a portfolio - a critical eye on your work
I. Introduction to Photography
IV. Camera Settings
V. Photography Techniques
VI. Editing Basics
VII. Photography as Art
VIII. Review and Evaluation
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet