The course on presentation and public speaking aims to help individuals develop effective communication skills for various settings, such as public speaking events, business meetings, and job interviews.
The course covers topics such as speech writing, delivery techniques, vocal and physical presentation, overcoming anxiety, and engaging with audiences. Through practical exercises and feedback sessions, students will gain confidence and skills to effectively communicate ideas and messages to a range of audiences.
The course also emphasizes the importance of cultural awareness, ethical considerations, and the use of technology to enhance presentations.
Duration: 5 Days.
What Will You Learn?
- Introduction to Public Speaking: Understanding the basics of public speaking and identifying individual goals and challenges.
- Communication Fundamentals: Developing effective communication skills through verbal and nonverbal communication techniques.
- Preparing for a Presentation: Understanding the importance of preparation, setting goals and objectives, organizing ideas, and researching the topic.
- Building an Effective Presentation: Techniques for creating powerful introductions, engaging content, and memorable conclusions.
- Visual Aids: Effective use of visual aids such as slides, videos, and props to enhance presentations.
- Delivery Techniques: Developing skills in tone, pace, pitch, and projection, as well as using body language effectively.
- Overcoming Nervousness: Identifying and managing anxiety and nervousness associated with public speaking.
- Dealing with Questions and Feedback: Developing techniques to handle questions, feedback, and criticism.
- Speaking to Different Audiences: Adapting communication styles to different audiences, including multicultural and diverse audiences.
- Practice and Feedback: Opportunities to practice speaking and receive feedback from peers and the instructor.
- Presentation Tools and Technology: Introduction to technology tools that can be used for effective presentations, such as video conferencing tools and virtual presentation software.
- Final Presentation: Each student presents a final presentation with feedback from peers and the instructor.
- Overall, this course is designed to help individuals develop effective communication and public speaking skills, build confidence, and become better presenters.
Introduction to WABMA
Introduction to Public Speaking
Preparing for a Presentation
Building an Effective Presentation
Dealing with Questions and Feedback
Speaking to Different Audiences:
Practice and Feedback
Presentation Tools and Technology:
Diction & Pronunciation